Saturday, August 25, 2012

CHOO CHOO


Ok so maybe our family is a little obsessed with trains. but we decided a couple days ago to take luke back to Strasburg, so he could ride the train. We deffinatly were not prepared for how much fun we would have. We paid for our tickets at the train station, we decided since it was around noon we would sit in the dining car since it was a 45 min ride, and im pregnant:) 
 The train pulled up and Luke was exstatic!! I dont think he realized how impressive and big a real running train was, nor did I. We had to hold him back until they gave us the ok to board.  Luke was all smiles from the second we got on until the ride ended.  first they brought us lemonade in mason jars, and our lunch came in handkerchiefs like a hobbo style lunch. it was all so yummy! Luke isnst a very good eater unless it is in fun settings. needless to say he downed his baked beans scraping the bowl for more, and then ate his whole hobbo lunch. 
We drove through the amish farms and through the country. pennsylvania really is beautiful, and this train ride was worth every penny.

3 comments:

McKensi said...

Oh my word! That looks like so much fun! I wish we could have come and seen the look on lukes face when that train pulled up:D And the fruit picking is something I would defiantly want to do! can't wait to see you guys.

Lori said...

Wow, I had so much fun reading through all of your posts! What fun adventures your summer brings, and I love that you can't spell definitely. I also struggle with my own list of words!

Not Applicable said...

I know you NEVER post, but I still nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award for fun, check out my blog to get the info if you're interested!