Friday, April 2, 2010

lukes birthday




So Luke is finally here, it all started thursday the 18th when i started having bad contractions every 6 min apart. it lasted all day, so that night we went into the hospital and they said i hadnt changed any and sent me home. the next day they got worse and lasted all day long, so after doing some stuff at my moms to relieve some of the pain we decided to go back to the hospital because it wasnt working, they told me i hadnt changed but that they would check me again in an hour before they sent me home. i went from a 2 to a 2+ so they admitted me at 3 o clock saturday morning. i was so relieved to get the epidural, and i went to sleep for the rest of the night. when i woke up the nurse told me that the babys heart rate kept dropping, and that i had stopped dialating at a 7, he was posteriur, and then dr. lunt came in and told me he thought i needed to do a cesarian because they couldnt get me to go any further and they didnt know even if i did get to a 10 if he would make it through. so after a prayer and feeling it was the right thing to do me and chris were both prepped for a c section. 5 min later little luke came into the world. at 1:19 pm he weighed 7pounds 15 ounces and was 20 inches long. Dr. lunt was awesome, the surgery went great, just a slow recovery. we are so greatful to have such a beautiful perfect little baby, we have been blessed so much i cant believe how much the lord has given to me and chris, I will always be so greatful for my little family.

9 comments:

Bree said...

He is so dang cute! I want to hold him so bad. Soon though. I love the story about Chris being in the nursery with Luke all night. He is such a great guy. We are glad you found him and that we now have little Luke! Love you guys and miss you so much.

Kandace Wittwer said...

Where's the post about your birthday? Wasn't that yesterday? Happy Birthday. When was Chris's birthday? It looks like all your celebrating will be at once! Gotta love that! Congrats on your new addition. I hope to see him soon! Send me your e-mail address so that I can invite you to my blog! kandacewittwer@hotmail.com. He's cute, by the way. Hope you're doing well.

Megan and Nick said...

He is a adorable!! I am so glad he is finally here. You are a trooper! The recovery will go by pretty quick. I was surprised how quick it went. Time seams to go by so much faster when the baby is finally in your arms.

Audrey said...

Holy Moly girl! I'm so excited to see your perfect baby boy! You should definitely put up more pics!

Janae said...

He is so cute. I love that baby of yours. Come over again so I can just sit there and hold him.

Mrs. Black said...

Congrats! He is such a handsome little tyke and you guys are a BEAUTIFUl little family! Daren & I are so happy for you guys. Isn't being a mommy awesome? Take care =)

Kaile and Cambria said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you! We are having a little boy in August!

Lori said...

You two are so awesome! We love you too pieces! We love Luke, and are so happy everything turned out so well. You two make wonderful parents!

Anonymous said...

Possibly the most amazing blog that I read all year! alissa milano christian louboutin fur boots. Accessories