Saturday, July 2, 2011

Downtown Chicago



Me chris and luke went to downtown Chicago the other day and it was AMAZING! I wish I would have taken more pictures but our battery died. It is by far the most amazing city we have sold in, and rivals, but doesnt pass up london and madrid. I love the way the skyscrapers are built along the river. we had to take water taxies because it was faster than the traffic. I mean how cool is it to live in a city that a water taxi is even an option. all I can say is the architechs for these buildings were gifted.
We went to see transformers a couple nights ago...(very stupid, I definitely do not recommend it) anyways the whole movie was shot in downtown Chicago and I kept leaning in to chris and saying things like.. "we walked up those stairs" or " the willis tower is the sears tower just renamed" not kidding... the whole movie. It probably would have bugged him if it had been a better movie.
Now we are moving to INDIANAPOLIS in the morning and I am sad to leave this beautiful city, it is by far my favorite from summer sales. but it will be best for the office. on the plus side we are going back to the city that luke was conceived in... now I can imagine this may be a uncomfortable statement. The only reason I say it is because we had been trying for 7 months ( which is not a long time for most people) but all my sisters got pregnant so fast, that after 3 months of negatives I was discouraged. when we saw those two lines in that teeny apartment in Indi I was soo happy. now im excited to go back because I feel like it is a lucky city for us and we will see what happens.

7 comments:

McKensi said...

awww jess i LOB that you posted! I just laughed when I saw luke with the easter eggs and the stickers on his face. I can totally picture him just loving them:) also, josh laughed pretty hard at that dope car! Thanks jess, it eases the pain when I can see pictures of you all!

Tyler said...

Love all the new posts! Wish we could've come seen Chicago with you :( Sounds like an awesome city. I love the pics of Luke. He is so much fun. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!!!!

Bree said...

Do I even need to tell you that that was me and not Tyler?

Lori said...

Good Luck in Indi! Loving the "dope car" and Luke's favorite seat is the best! So funny!

Megan and Nick said...

I love all the posts!! That car is hilarious!! Chicago looks like so much fun! I want to go there sometime.
Katelyn is looking at this with me and she says she wants to see you! She misses you guys too!

Erin G. said...

Luke is so big!! I can't believe how grown up he looks! I hope Indi is lucky for you again ;) and Chicago looked like a great city. It makes me want to visit one day. I should have come to see you!

Not Applicable said...

Did you know that the Sears tower really IS the Willis tower? No joke. It's actually offically named the Willis tower and everyone calls it the Sears tower for some reason.