Tuesday, April 14, 2009

ZION



so before we left me and chris decided we wanted to start hiking! and our first hike was..dun dun dun... ANGELS LANDIN!! I didnt even think twice about it when we decided to go, and ya the first part was hard but still way fun... and then we got to the part where you have to hold onto a chain and climb for a half mile with a 2000 foot drop on either side of you, I never knew i was scared of hights and that i hypervenalate when i only have a one foot strip to walk on with sheer drops on either side of me... nonetheless thats what i did. but chris promised me if i finished it he would get me a puppy... so i kept going, balling the whole way! and we made it!!! I will never do it again but it was beautiful! we went on several other hikes that i liked alot more the next couple days... all in all we love zion!

7 comments:

Janae said...

I have officaly decided to never hike the angels landing. Looks like you had a "blast".miss ya

Stacie Lang said...

I am so sorry! When do you get your puppy :)? miss you tons

McKensi said...

Ha ha you didnt get a puppy!!! not to rub it in at all....

you havent even called me while you've been gone.. ive called you... but you dont call me.

how sad

Lori said...

Just thinking about that hike makes my stomach turn into knots! Way to keep going! Did the tears help so you couldn't see the sheer drop offs? Just curious! When you get back we will have to go camping at the property! This eight hours of sleeping is so weird. :)

Miki Lee said...

I miss you both. A lot. :)

Ron and Maggie said...

make it a good puppy!

Mrs. Black said...

Hi Jessica!
We found your blog and it is so fun to catch up with your lives! That is so cool you did Angles Landing! I was too chicken when we went last year. Daren says tell Chris hi! Hope all is well!
- Shannon

blackfamily11.blogspot.com